Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
How do you install and align a flexible coupling properly to ensure optimal performance?
Proper installation and alignment of a flexible coupling are essential to ensure its optimal performance and longevity. Incorrect installation can lead to premature wear, increased vibrations, and potential equipment failure. Below are the steps to install and align a flexible coupling properly:
1. Pre-Installation Inspection:
Before installation, inspect the flexible coupling and its components for any visible damage or defects. Check that the coupling’s size and specifications match the application requirements. Ensure that the shafts and equipment connected to the coupling are clean and free from debris.
2. Shaft Preparation:
Prepare the shafts by removing any oil, grease, or contaminants from the surfaces that will come into contact with the coupling. Ensure that the shaft ends are smooth and free from burrs that could affect the fit of the coupling.
3. Coupling Hub Installation:
Slide the coupling hubs onto the shafts, ensuring they are positioned securely and evenly on each shaft. Use a lubricant recommended by the manufacturer to facilitate the installation and ensure a proper fit.
Proper alignment is critical for the performance and longevity of the flexible coupling. Align the shafts by checking both angular and parallel misalignment. Utilize precision alignment tools, such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems, to achieve accurate alignment. Follow the manufacturer’s alignment specifications and tolerance limits.
5. Tightening Fasteners:
Once the shafts are properly aligned, tighten the coupling’s fasteners to the manufacturer’s recommended torque values. Gradually tighten the fasteners in a cross pattern to ensure even distribution of the load on the coupling hubs. Avoid over-tightening, as it may cause distortion or damage to the coupling.
6. Run-Out Check:
After installation, perform a run-out check to verify that the coupling’s rotating components are balanced and aligned. Excessive run-out can lead to vibrations and reduce the coupling’s performance. If significant run-out is detected, recheck the alignment and address any issues that may be causing it.
Ensure that the flexible coupling is adequately lubricated, following the manufacturer’s recommendations. Proper lubrication reduces friction and wear, enhancing the coupling’s efficiency and reliability.
8. Periodic Inspection and Maintenance:
Regularly inspect the flexible coupling for signs of wear, misalignment, or damage. Address any issues promptly to prevent further problems. Depending on the coupling type and application, scheduled maintenance may include re-greasing, re-alignment, or replacing worn components.
Proper installation and alignment are crucial for ensuring the optimal performance and longevity of a flexible coupling. Following the manufacturer’s guidelines, inspecting the components, achieving accurate alignment, and using the appropriate lubrication are key steps in the installation process. Regular inspection and maintenance help to identify and address potential issues, ensuring the coupling continues to operate smoothly and efficiently in the mechanical system.
How does a flexible coupling handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery?
A flexible coupling is designed to handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery by providing a degree of flexibility and damping. Torsional vibrations are oscillations that occur in the drivetrain due to torque variations, sudden load changes, or other transient events. These vibrations can lead to resonance, excessive stress, and premature failure of components.
Flexible couplings mitigate torsional vibrations through the following mechanisms:
- Torsional Compliance: Flexible couplings have an element, such as an elastomeric insert, that can deform or twist to absorb torsional shocks. When the drivetrain experiences torsional vibrations, the flexible element flexes, effectively isolating and dampening the vibrations before they propagate further.
- Damping: Many flexible couplings have inherent damping properties, especially those with elastomeric components. Damping dissipates the energy of the torsional vibrations, reducing their amplitude and preventing resonance from occurring.
- Tuned Design: Some flexible couplings are specifically designed with specific torsional characteristics to match the drivetrain’s requirements. By tuning the coupling’s stiffness and damping properties, engineers can ensure optimal torsional vibration control.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings provide flexibility to absorb vibrations, they also offer a degree of torsional stiffness to maintain the torque transmission efficiency between the shafts.
It is important to select the appropriate flexible coupling based on the specific torsional characteristics and requirements of the rotating machinery. Different applications may demand different types of couplings with varying levels of flexibility and damping. High-performance flexible couplings can effectively minimize torsional vibrations, protecting the drivetrain and connected equipment from excessive stress and potential damage.
Additionally, proper alignment of the flexible coupling during installation is crucial to ensure its optimal performance in mitigating torsional vibrations. Misalignment can introduce additional stresses and exacerbate torsional issues in the system. Regular inspection and maintenance of the flexible coupling will help identify any signs of wear or damage that may affect its ability to handle torsional vibrations effectively.
What are the maintenance requirements for flexible couplings?
Maintenance of flexible couplings is essential to ensure their reliable and efficient performance over their service life. Proper maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and extends the lifespan of the couplings. Here are some key maintenance requirements for flexible couplings:
- Regular Inspection: Perform regular visual inspections of the flexible couplings to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, or any other visible issues in the coupling components.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings, especially those with moving parts or sliding surfaces, may require periodic lubrication. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding the type and frequency of lubrication to ensure smooth operation.
- Alignment Checks: Misalignment is a common cause of coupling failure. Regularly check the alignment of the connected shafts and adjust as necessary. Proper alignment reduces stress on the coupling and improves power transmission efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitoring the torque transmitted through the coupling can help detect any abnormal or excessive loads. If the coupling is subjected to loads beyond its rated capacity, it may lead to premature failure.
- Environmental Protection: If the couplings are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, take measures to protect them from dust, dirt, moisture, and corrosive substances. Consider using protective covers or seals to shield the couplings from potential contaminants.
- Temperature Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperature of the flexible coupling is within its designed range. Excessive heat can accelerate wear, while extremely low temperatures may affect the flexibility of certain coupling materials.
- Replace Worn or Damaged Parts: If any components of the flexible coupling show signs of wear or damage, replace them promptly with genuine replacement parts from the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Follow the maintenance guidelines provided by the coupling manufacturer. They often include specific maintenance intervals and procedures tailored to the coupling’s design and materials.
- Training and Expertise: Ensure that maintenance personnel have the necessary training and expertise to inspect and maintain the flexible couplings properly. Improper maintenance practices can lead to further issues and compromise the coupling’s performance.
By adhering to these maintenance requirements, you can maximize the service life of the flexible couplings and minimize the risk of unexpected downtime or costly repairs. Regular maintenance helps maintain the efficiency and reliability of the coupling in various industrial, automotive, and machinery applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-02